Both complement and compliment are pronounced the same. However, they have different meanings. Complement means to add to something to improve it or make it better. Whereas, compliment means to say something nice to or about someone.
- The music complemented the program.
- Your tie complements your suit.
- This picture of Mount Shasta would be a good complement to your office.
- The manager complimented her for her outstanding work.
- That teacher often receives compliments on the way she treats people.