Pathway Online is an academic English program designed for international students who are planning to attend or already attending an American educational institution.
Enrolled in this course, you will work on mastering language skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking. The program provides essential tools not only to succeed in the writing process, but also to deliver persuasive classroom presentations.
The program features
- Authentic reading passages
- Relevant course projects
- Meaningful grammar presentations
- Group discussions
- Teacher and computer graded assignments and quizzes
- Four levels from low intermediate to advanced
The program offers four eight-week sessions every year: one in August, one in October, one in January, and one in May.
Richard P Carrigan, MSE has been an educator for over 30 years. He has experience teaching and developing curriculum for ESL classes in professional English, general conversation, and academic applications. He earned his undergraduate degree from Loma Linda University and his graduate degree from Shenandoah University.
What are the classes like?
Online classes are taught similar to classes in a high school or college. Just like in a live class, you will watch videos, read passages, take quizzes, and listen to your teacher. If you have questions or need help, your teacher is only a click away.
Each course builds on the previous course, so by the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Use approximately 200 new words
- Understand advanced sentences
- Read authentic passages
- Develop and write academic essays
- Understand English lectures
- Give live presentations
Who is this program for?
The program welcomes students for all countries and cultures. Pathway Online is for anyone who wants to improve their academic reading and writing, and public speaking skills. More precisely, it is for high school and college students attending an American educational institution.
You can take two courses each session, or you can take one course depending on your needs. If you enroll in a Reading/Writing course, you can also take an Academic Speaking course. When you pass the courses on a given level, you can progress to the next level.
You will begin your journey by taking an online placement test in writing and listening. Depending on your scores, you will be placed in one of the following levels.
- Intermediate Level 1: Reading/Writing 210 and Academic Speaking 211
- Intermediate Level 2: Reading/Writing 310 andAcademic Speaking 311
- Intermediate Level 3: Reading/Writing 410 andAcademic Speaking 411.
- Advanced: Reading/Writing 510 andAcademic Speaking 511.